View Product Page
The WAVETABLES module is a sound module based on the wavetable technology first heard on the PPG range of synthesisers.
There are 7 different tables each with their own unique sound, from very gentle, though vocal sounds, into rich bell like tones to harsh digital tones. Each table has a number of waveforms that can be morphed into each other as you scan through them with either a potentiometer or CV control.
Module power consumption: 40 mA
- CV1 - base pitch of the oscillator
- CV2 - base pitch of the oscillator (added to the first)
- FM - Modulating the pitch
- WAVE - modulate the wave position within a table
- Out - output of the wavetable sound
- Coarse Frequency - Coarse selection of base frequency
- Fine Frequency - Fine control of base frequency
- FM Depth - Amount the incoming FM CV will change the pitch
- FM Bipolar - When on, the FM cv will be centered around the base frequency, so an incoming triangle wave will modulate the pitch both up and down, in the off position the incoming CV will only module the pitch up.
- Detune - Adds a second version of the same waveform, creating anything from a subtle chorusing type effect to a full octave above.
- Table - Selects the current table that you are working with
- Wave Depth - Amount of the incoming CV that affects the wave you hear
- Wave Bipolar - When on the wave CV will be centered around the chosen wave, so an incoming triangle will move both up and down through the table. In the off position the incoming CV will only move up through the table.
- Wave - Selects the waveform from within that table
Thanks to Felix from The Tuesday Night Machines for this excellent demo video:
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals