NYLE FILTER (STEINER TYPE)
View Product Page
The NYLE FILTER is an adaptation of the Steiner Filter for the AE modular system. It contains the classic filter types lowpass, highpass and bandpass with adjustable filter frequency and resonance. The unique feature of this filter type is that there are separate inputs for the different filter types (not separate outputs as with other filters). This allows quite unusual sounds, if different signals are fed into the different inputs.
Each input has its own attenuator.
The sound goes from quite soft filtering with low resonance setting to a quite intense resonance peak to full self-resonance. On newer models there is a switch to change the resonance characteristics from "wild" to "tamed".
Module power consumption: 2 mA
- LP IN - audio signal going through the Lowpass curve of the filter
- BP IN - audio signal going through the Bandpass curve of the filter
- HP IN - audio signal going through the Highpass curve of the filter
- CV 1 - accepts CV control for cutoff frequency, this will affect all three filter curves
- CV 2 - additional CV control for cutoff frequency, this will also affect all three filter curves
- CV Resonance - CV control for the resonance
- OUT (3) - the combined and mixed output of the filtered input signals
- MULT (5) - a multiple which is disconnected from the filter circuitry
- BUS CV - this sits below the input jacks on the left side and will output CV pitch from a connected MIDI device
- BUS CTRL - this sits below the input jacks on the left side and will output the MIDI control message from a connected MIDI device (CC20).
- LOWPASS IN - attenuator for the level of the signal from LP IN before it gets passed into the lowpass signal path.
- BANDPASS IN - attenuator for the level of the signal from BP IN before it gets passed into the bandpass signal path.
- HIGHPASS IN - attenuator for the level of the signal from HP IN before it gets passed into the highpass signal path.
- FREQUENCY - controls the cutoff frequency for all filter types
- CV 1 - attenuates the effect of the CV 1 control voltage input
- CV 2 - attenuates the effect of the CV 2 control voltage input
- RESONANCE - controls the resonance of the filters
- WILD/TAME - on newer models this switch controls the resonance behaviour
Here is a video by The 5th Volt explaining how to use the NYLE Filter
AE Modular filter comparison:
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals