View Product Page
The CVSHIFTER module is the AE version of the well-known analogue shift register modules that are around in the modular world since a long time. It works like this: The CV input is sampled with each trigger input signal and this CV is sent to the CV 1 output; at the same time, all CV outputs 1-4 are shifted by one.
Compared to the "classic" circuits, this module is digital based and therefore doesn't suffer from drift as some analogue ASRs and S&Hs do. The result is, that you can e.g. control the pitch of up to four oscillators which is a first step into polyphony.
Power Consumption: 12 mA
The CVSHIFTER module offers three modes:
- Classic - Each trigger shifts the CV outs by one position, the new CV goes to output CV 1
- Cycle - Each trigger sends the CV to the next output channel, restarting at out 1; additionally a gate signal at the according output.
- Random - The CVs are sent in random order to one of the four outputs, plus a gate at the according output.
- CV - the input CV which is sampled with each trigger pulse
- TRIG - the trigger input which samples the input CV and sends the output to one of the outputs
- TRIG SLOW - ?
- RESET - reset the sequence
- CV1 - The first output of the sequence
- CV2 - The second output of the sequence
- CV3 - The third output of the sequence
- CV4 - The fourth output of the sequence
- TRIG1 - When in CYCLE mode this sends a trigger on the first step of the sequence
- TRIG2 - When in CYCLE mode this sends a trigger on the second step of the sequence
- TRIG3 - When in CYCLE mode this sends a trigger on the third step of the sequence
- TRIG4 - When in CYCLE mode this sends a trigger on the fourth step of the sequence
- MODE - cycles through the 3 modes explained above.
- RESET - performs a manual reset of the sequence
- MAN TRIG - manual trigger
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals