The Soviet Space Dog Project
I’m Andy Bloyce and I’m from London in the UK. I’ve been dabbling in electronic music since the late 70’s and my real passion is for the style that is often labelled as Berlin School (think Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Manuel Göttsching, etc.).
I was (and now am now once again) a member of the band Kubusschnitt, and I also produce music via The Soviet Space Dog Project and The Ambient Fish Society… and more, but they’re for people to find by accident when hunting through the obscure backroads of Bandcamp.
If you are so moved, here are a few links where you can find examples of what I do:
- The Soviet Space Dog Project (Bandcamp) https://sovietspacedogproject.bandcamp.com/
- Kubusschnitt (Bandcamp) https://kubusschnitt.bandcamp.com/
- The Ambient Fish Society (Bandcamp) https://theambientfishsociety.bandcamp.com/
- Various AE Modular Challenges and extra pieces https://soundcloud.com/andyb99
- Yet more AE Modular Challenges and extra pieces https://soundcloud.com/andyb7276
- Some odd pieces, some of which haven’t made it anywhere else yet https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAndyB99
- Kubusschnitt Site https://kubusschnitt.wordpress.com/
- The Soviet Space Dog Project Site https://sovietspacedogproject.wordpress.com/
Current hardware that I’m using
- AE Modular (three rows, fully loaded)
- Make Noise 0-Coast
- Arturia MicroBrute
- Arturia MicroFreak
- Waldorf Blofeld
- Behringer Neutron
- Behringer Model D
- Bastl Kastle 1.5
- Korg ElecTribe ES-1 (from 2000)
- Waldorf Pulse (from 1995)
- Arturia BeatStep Pro
- Arturia KeyStep
- A lot of guitar pedals
- Some guitars
I have decades’ worth of various bits of hardware that I don’t use very much, it really is time to sell a few things. What I’ve listed is what I find is currently working well as a small setup that allows me to do anything that I can imagine, especially when combined with the vast array of quality (and free) VSTs for things like the Mellotron, old organs and pianos.
I work as live as possible, recording the stereo feed off my small mixer, either into Reaper (via a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4) or into a Tascam DR-40X. Mixing, and any mastering, takes place in Reaper, using more of those wonderful free VSTs.
My AE Modular is the ambient workhorse in my setup, producing most of the backings and introductions to a lot of my pieces, often cross-patched with the Bastl Kastle.
Some Recent Music
- Pacific Gravity by The Soviet Space Dog Project (Bandcamp link to track)https://sovietspacedogproject.bandcamp.com/track/pacific-gravity
- 7pm at the B of the M in DDD (edit) by The Ambient Fish Society (YouTube link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUBGpiQSAv4
This page is part of the index of artists of the AE Modular community. If you perform and record with your AE Modular system, then we would love for you to be featured here as well. Please read the information about how to join in this post on the forum.