View Product Page
An extremely useful module to have if you want to interface other equipment with your AE modular. The most important job is to prevent a CV outside the 0 to +5 volts range from entering the AE system as this would damage it.
Module power consumption: 0.2 mA
- I/O 1 - 3.5mm jack socket - mono signal sent to I/O patch socket 1
- I/O 2 - 3.5mm jack socket - signal sent to I/O patch socket 2
- I/O 3 - 3.5mm jack socket - mono signal sent to I/O patch socket 3
- I/O 4 - 3.5mm jack socket - signal sent to I/O patch socket 4
They are labelled I/O as you can also send the signal input into the AE patch in/outs (in the AE system's usual location for outputs) and out to your external equipment via these sockets
If a stereo 3.5mm plug is used into sockets 1 or 3, the signals are output on patch in/outs 1/2 and 3/4 respectively.
- I/O 1 - This will output the signal from the I/O 1 3.5mm socket above, or send one to it.
- I/O 2 -This will output the signal from the I/O 2 3.5mm socket above, or send one to it.
- I/O 3 - This will output the signal from the I/O 3 3.5mm socket above, or send one to it.
- I/O 4 - This will output the signal from the I/O 4 3.5mm socket above, or send one to it.
- Mult - A passive mixing/ splitter with no connections to main module circuits.
- AUD/DC Switch - 1 for each 3.5mm socket - selects audio signal or CV type signal.
This module is great for bringing in other synth's modulation CVs, (especially envelopes where you can do more complex things than the AE currently can). By using 2 or more of the 4 channels, you can bring in an external Gate/CV from a sequencer or keyboard.
It can also be used to sync non midi equipment with the AE's sequencer modules.
It can also be useful to bring in external audio for processing within the AE system.
It's also great for sending the AE's audio out to a mixer or recording device with line level. Just patch in the output of the MutliFX into I/O1+2 and then you can use a stereo cable from the first jack without the need of splitter cables as you would have to use on the master module.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals