A digital multi-FX unit which can be mono or stereo. There are 15 different programmes, each with 3 parameters that can be adjusted via the front panel knobs or CV. The programmes are listed on the display on the lower right hand side of the module, with the current selection being lit up.
Module power consumption: 64 mA
The video at the bottom of this page gives an excellent demo of what this module can do.
- In - Signal for processing
- CV PAR 1 - CV which affects parameter 1 of the selected program in conjunction with the Par 1 knob.
- CV PAR 2 - CV which affects parameter 2 of the selected program in conjunction with the Par 2 knob.
- CV PAR 3 - CV which affects parameter 3 of the selected program in conjunction with the Par 3 knob.
- L - left stereo output
- R - right stereo output
- MONO - mono output
- Mult (5) - a mixer/splitter separate to the main module electronics.
- Input Level knob - a useful attenuator/ boost for the signal being input to the module.
- Feedback Knob
- Dry Knob - sets the level of the original signal in the output.
- Wet Knob - sets the level of the effected sound in the output.
- Program Knob - selects the program as shown on the display on the right side of the module.
- Par 1 Knob - sets the amount of Parameter 1 for the selected program, usually the Pre delay/room size
- Par 2 Knob - sets the amount of Parameter 2 for the selected program, usually Reflections/repeats level
- Par 3 Knob - sets the amount of Parameter 3 for the selected program, usually Brightness/LPF cut off.
|Program||Param 1||Param 2||Param 3|
|REVERB 1||Reverb time||High Filter||Low Filter|
|REVERB 2||Reverb time||High Filter||Low Filter|
|DEEP SPACE||Reverb time||Delay Time||High Filter|
|RESOVERB||Reverb time||Resonance frequency||Resonance feedback|
|SHIMMER||Shimmer||Shimmer feedback||Reverb time|
|DUAL DLY||Delay Time Left||Delay Time Right||Feedback|
|DELAY+REV||Delay time||Feedback||Reverb mix|
|FLANGER||Reverb mix||Flanger Rate||Flanger mix|
|CHORUS||Reverb mix||Chorus Rate||Chorus mix|
|PITCH SH||Pitch +/- 4 semitones|
|PITCH DLY||Pitch Shift||Delay time||Delay mix|
|TREM REV||Reverb mix||Tremolo rate||Tremolo mix|
|GLITCH DLY||Delay time||Feedback/Alias||Pitch shift|
|RING CRSH||OSC Pitch||Crusher mix||Reverb mix|
This module is useful to create a stereo output from the AE modular, and can be sent out via the 2 I/Os on the Master module, or 2 of the 4 I/O module routes.
The reverbs and shimmer are excellent for drones/pads etc.
It can be used in conjunction with the Lo-fi delay to get echo type sounds with other FX, usually reverb.
The Mono output can be excellent to feed back into the AE modular to process the sound further, e.g. a filter on a reverb'ed lead sound can be really good. Do watch for causing feedback within the AE modular.
A slow attack envelope can increase one or more of the parameters which, usually, increases the level of the FX but always changes it. This can be really interesting.
This video by TheTuesdayNightMachines is a great demo of the different modes and effects of this module
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals