View Product Page
This module is for users who want to save space and don't want or need the midi interface provided by the Master module.
It requires a 9V power supply (min 400ma) to provide the 5V needed for the AE modules. The power is taken to the modules via the Bus cable, which one (or two) you need depends on the case size you have. These items are all available in the Tangible Wave shop.
It also provides a Headphone amplifier (only in mono), and minijack sockets to make connecting the AE to other instruments easier. The Minijack is the same size as on the patch bays of synths like the Behringer Neutron and Arturia Minibrute. These two I/Os will protect the AE from incorrect voltages, for more information please see the 4 I/O module.
Inputs (and outputs)
- I/O 1 - a bidirectional connection from minijack 1 on the front panel to the patch socket labelled 1.
- I/O 2/HP - a bidirectional connection from minijack 2 on the front panel to the patch socket labelled 2
- +5 (x2) - Steady +5 volt signal.
- Gnd (x2) - zero volt "signal"
- HP Vol - controls the loudness of the headphones plugged into minijack 2. The signal provided at the patch bay socket labelled I/O 2.
- AUD/ CV 1 - select the relevant position for whether putting audio or control voltage signals through I/O 1
- AUD/ CV 2 - select the relevant position for whether putting audio or control voltage signals through I/O 2; this needs to be on Aud setting when using headphones.
- HP I/O 2 - When on I/O this behaves the same as I/O 1, when using headphones switch to HP or they will be very quiet!
The red LED lights to show 5V is available, first thing to check if you have no sound....
As mentioned in the introduction, this module is useful to connect the AE to other equipment via the I/O minijack sockets.
If you do ever get a hum from your AE patch wiring, connecting to the GND socket may fix the problem; it will much more often be a faulty patch wire that needs sorting!
With the power supply sold on the Tangible Waves Website, there is enough to power around 4 or 5 rows with either this or the Master module. This module could be used as an expander if a 2nd Midi in was not needed.