View Product Page
This module is discontinued, replaced by the 2LFO module
The low frequency oscillator (LFO) module generates modulation voltages mostly below the audio range.
Module power consumption: 3 mA
- SYNC - resets the LFO waveform when a trigger pulse is received
- PWM - control voltage input for pulse width modulation of PULSE wave output
- SQUARE - low frequency square wave with fixed width (half cycle)
- TRIANGLE / SAWTOOTH - low frequency triangle or sawtooth wave
- PULSE (L) - low frequency pulse where pulse length is set by the PULSEWIDTH knob
- BUS CV - control voltage signal from MIDI
- BUS CTRL - CTRL signal from MIDI (CH1 - CC20)
- RATE knob - frequency control
- PULSEWIDTH knob - set the pulse width of the output
- SLOW / FAST switch - switch between two frequency ranges
- TRIANGLE / SAWTOOTH switch - choose the waveform of the TRIANGLE / SAWTOOTH output
- TRIANGLE LED - visual reference for the TRIANGLE / SAWTOOTH output
- PULSE LED - visual reference for the PULSE output
LFO can be used for modulating other oscillators (FM), VCAs (AM), filters, etc. But may also be used as clock or gate.
Patching two unsynched LFOs through a logic module then to a sequencer creates interesting uneven rhythms. Changing their pulsewidth creates new rhythms.
Combined LFOs connected to CV switches or a multiplexer results in a simple and versatile trigger sequencer.
When cranked up to audio range (RANGE knob all the way to the right in FAST mode) may be used as audio oscillator.
This video by Synths & Things explains the ins and outs of this module really well:
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals