View Product Page
This module is discontinued. The Beat Divider does a similar role. The MM Divider is its more versatile direct replacement in a lot of ways, but this divider is well worth keeping, as it is a simpler device for beats, and also can be used on audio signals with great results.
- CLK - the clock signal you want to reduce with this module.
- Reset - this input is used to reset the divider module to keep in sync with the provided clock.
These 4 are on the left, usually input side of the module.
- Bus CLK - Midi clock from a connected Midi device (via the Master module). erroneously labelled Bus Gate on some modules (as illustrated)
- Bus Start - +5V pulse when a connected Midi device start key is pressed.
- Bus Stop - +5V pulse when a connected Midi device stop key is pressed.
- Bus Ctrl - a CV based on Midi controller No. 20 (CC20) of a connected Midi device.
On the right side of the module:-
- 1 - a straight copy of the input.
- 2 - a half speed copy of the input.
- 4 - a quarter speed copy of the input
- 8 - output is an eighth the speed of the input.
- 16 - output is a sixteenth of the speed of the input.
- 32 - output is a 32nd the speed of the input.
- 64 - output is a 64th the speed of the input.
- 128 - output is a pulse for every 128 pulses of the input.
The most obvious is to reduce the 96 pulses per quarter note of the midi clock signal down to something more useful for triggers within the AE modular. You will need the Midi clock from an external source via the Master module.
It is excellent for giving sub bass on sounds - watch your speakers! Take one of the outs from the VCO (another to the 4/4/ Mixer), and the output from this module to the 4/4 mixer so you can balance the sounds. With some wave forms it can be good to have the divider output not go through the Filter to give you more variation in harmonics.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals