This is a standard buffered matrix mixer where each output contains a mix of signals 1-3 determined by the position of the controls. Controls are laid out such that inputs are arranged in rows (number of stripes indicates the input number), and outputs are arranged in columns.
The outputs are buffered and have a small amount of gain. Each output has multiple output pins.
Module power consumption: <1 mA
- 1 - DC coupled input for channel 1
- 1a - AC coupled input for channel 1
- 2 - DC coupled input for channel 2
- 2a - AC coupled input for channel 2
- 3 - DC coupled input for channel 3
- 3a - AC coupled input for channel 3
- x - the mixed signals for channel x
- y - the mixed signals for channel y
- z - the mixed signals for channel z
- 9x Potentiometers - These are laid out in 3 rows and 3 columns with each attenuating the signal strength that is routed from an input to an output.
This is an introduction and build video of the mm33
Matrix mixers are great tools for all kinds of experimental music and are especially useful for no-input mixing type of projects. Here is a youtube video of a similar mixer and how to use to make music:
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals