View Product Page
The SAWVOX module is a “complete” synth voice with two sawtooth oscillators, a filter and a VCA, all realized digitally with a tiny 8-bit microcontroller. The oscillators are detuned by a fixed rate to get a fatter sound, and can be switched to a single oscillator. Of course, due to the limited resources of the processor, the sound has the typical 8-bit lofi char, but the CV tracking is quite fine, and it can find its place in a lot of patches. All parameters can be CV controlled, eg. filter frequency and resonance.
The module is based on a simple 8-bit microcontroller and an adapted design of Jan Ostman.
Module power consumption: 30 mA
- CV1 - CV frequency control
- CV2 - additional frequency control which is added to CV1
- FLT CV - filter cutoff frequency control
- RES CV - filter resonance control
- AMP CV - VCA amplitude control
- OUT - audio output signal
- MULT - multiple disconnected from module circuitry
- B.CV - CV signal from MIDI bus
- B.CTRL - MIDI CTRL signal from the bus
- PITCH (pot) - select the base frequency of the oscillator
- FILTER (pot) - select the cutoff frequency of the built-in filter
- RESONANCE (pot) - select the resonance of the filter
- OSCILLATORS (switch) - select 1 or 2 oscillators. If 2 is selected the second oscillator is detuned to the first one at a fixed rate.
- +2 OCT (switch) - if set to the top position the frequency is shifted up 2 octaves
Here is a video by The 5th Volt which features this module.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals