View Product Page
The NOISE module generates ... yes ... noise!
There are three types of noise in the module: analog, digital and crackle. See outputs below for details.
- CV - control voltage input for RATE (see below)
- A OUT (2x) - analog noise: a fluctuating voltage between about 1v and 4V
- D OUT - digital noise: a random changing 0V / 5V
- CR OUT - crackle noise: random triggers (on newer versions)
- MULT - passive signal multiplier
- BUS CV - MIDI pitch signal from the bus
- BUS CTRL - MIDI control signal from the bus (CH1 - CC20)
- RATE Knob - controls the color of the noise, which goes from almost white noise on A output and knob fully clockwise to a rather harsh and digital sound on D output and RATE counter-clockwise. It also controls the density of the crackle on CR output.
A popular patch is to connect A OUT to a VCA (IN) controled by an envelope to get percusive sounds.
Use D OUT for harsher bit-crushed sounds.
Connecting CR OUT to S&H (TRIG1) and A OUT to S&H (IN1) outputs random voltages at random intervals.
When used as audio, CR OUT gives a nice vinyl-like crakle sound.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals