DRONE38 is a sound generator with 18 oscillators in total, organized in six groups of three oscillators each. 12 of them can be switched between sawtooth and triangle waves, 6 are fixed sawtooth oscillators.
The groups can be mixed individually with 3 mixer knobs, where each 2 groups can be assigned to the level. Additionally, each group can be activated / “played” with buttons near the group.
The oscillators are not meant to be controlled by CVs, but only set static with a knob. By mixing them, very dense drones and clusters can be created.
Additionally, 6 oscillators can be synced to other ones for extending the sonic palette.
Module power consumption: 6 mA
- A1 - A6 SYNC - You can patch from the outputs B1 to B6 into these to synchronise A and B banks.
- OUT - The mix of all banks, taking into account the section on/off switches and bank level knobs.
- SUM A - the mix of all oscillators in bank A, taking into account the section on/off switch, but not affected by the bank A level knob
- SUM B - same for bank B
- SUM C - same for bank C
- Pulse Outputs B1 - B6 - Patch these into the inputs A1- A6 to sync the A and B oscillators
- PITCH A1-A6, B1-B6, C1-C6 - these control the individual pitches of the oscillators
- Trigger Button A1-3,A4-6, B1-3, B4-6, C1-3, C4-6 - when pressed these momentarily activate the respective section even when it is switched off with the section on/off switch
There is a video by the 5th Volt...
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals