View Product Page
The 2OSC/d module contains two 1V/octave hybrid oscillators. It is designed as a hybrid digital/analog module. The oscillator frequencies are determined digitally and are therefore quite stable and have good tracking. The output waveform itself is created analog. The design causes the waveform to get a bit gritty at higher frequencies, but not devolve into "digital noise" - it's the character of this thing!
Module power consumption: 25 mA
- CV1 - Frequency CV for OSC 1
- PWM1 - CV for Pulse Width Modulation for OSC 1
- SYNC1 - Sync control for OSC 1
- CV2 - Frequency CV for OSC 2
- PWM2 - CV for Pulse Width Modulation for OSC 2
- SYNC2 - Sync control for OSC 2
- BUS CV (2x) - located on the left patch bay it outputs the MIDI CV from the Bus.
- Saw 1 (2x) - Sawtooth wave output for OSC 1
- Square 1 - Square wave output for OSC 1
- Sub Square 1 - Square Sub Oscillator for OSC 1, this is almost one octave down from the square output.
- Saw 2 (2x) - Sawtooth wave output for OSC 2
- Square 2 - Square wave output for OSC 2
- Sub Square 2 - Square Sub Oscillator for OSC 2, this is almost one octave down from the square output.
- FREQ 1 knob - Frequency for OSC 1
- HIGH / LOW switch 1 - switch between two frequency ranges for OSC 1
- FREQ 2 knob - Frequency for OSC 2
- HIGH / LOW switch 1 - switch between two frequency ranges for OSC 2
- PULSEWIDTH knob - set the pulse width of the output for OSC 2
- PW FIX switch – in upper position the pulse width is fix for OSC 2
The usual patch would be either direct to the filter, or via the 4/4 Mixer if you are combining more than one oscillator, noise etc.
Audio pitch modulation of filters and pitch can be really good, the latter can be FM synthesis in some circumstances.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals