Signal voltage levels
AE Modular works entirely on +5V. For the several signal types this means the following:
- Both CV and Audio are unipolar 5V, and are so interchangeable.
- CV signals are 0..5V
- Pitch is 1V/octave. According to the calibration page on Tangible Waves:
- 1V = C1(1)= MIDI note 24 = 32.703 Hz
- 3V = C3 = MIDI note 48 = 130.81 Hz
- Gate/triggers are 5V
- Audio signals are 0..5V, centre around +2.5V typically 3Vpp (so 1..4V), though this varies e.g pulse wave from oscillators are full range 5Vpp
- Output impedance is ~1kOhm, so nothing bad happens if an output is connected to ground or two outputs are directly connected (in fact, they will be summed / mixed).
Powered by PmWiki