SLEW / EDGE
The SLEW/EDGE module combines the function of a slew limiter for CVs and a CV change detector in one module. The slew operation can be activated individually for rising and/or falling CVs, either by switches or controlled by external gate signals. The edge detection generates various gate / trigger output signals depending on rising or falling of the input CV.
- IN - accepts CV or audio signal which will be shaped
- ↑ GATE - gate signal that activates slew on rising input CV
- ↓ GATE - gate signal that activates slew on falling input CV
- ⇅ GATE - gate signal that activates slew for all input CV changes
- B.CV - MIDI CV signal from bus
- B.GATE - MIDI Gate signal from bus
- SLEW OUT - The slew processed input signal
- ⇅ - this output is high if the last input change was a rising voltage and low if the input was falling
- PULSE ↑ - this sends a short pulse each time the input voltage is rising
- PULSE ↓ - this sends a short pulse each time the input voltage is falling
- PULSE ⇅ - this sends a short pulse each time the input voltage is rising or falling
- LAST ↑ - this LED lights up if the last input voltage change was rising
- LAST ↓ - this LED lights up if the last input voltage change was falling
- PULSE ↑, PULSE ↓ - this LED reflects the PULSE ↑ / PULSE ↓ outputs
- SLEW ON ↑ - activates slew on rising input voltages
- SLEW ON ↓ - activates slew on falling input voltages
- LOG/LIN - changes the characteristic of the voltage change between linear and logarithmic
If the CV is used e.g. for controlling an oscillator, you get a portamento. With two switches it can be controlled if only rising or falling CVs or CV change in both directions are processed with the slew time. Additionally, the choice if rising and/or falling CVs are "slewed" can be controlled with external gate signals.
The second purpose of the module is an edge detector that indicates if the incoming CV is rising or falling; this information is available as different outputs (one that is high on rising and low on falling input, and short pulses on rise / fall / any change.
The Slew detector can be useful if using the S&H module for modulation; rather than jumps it will smooth the changes between the different levels, particularly good on filter modulation, unless you want the sudden changes.
<-- Back to the Module Index
This manual is a community work in progress. If you would like to help out with completing this manual please send a PM to @admin at the AE Modular Forum. The status of each page can be seen on the Trello board at https://trello.com/b/HNd0dBt7/ae-manuals